Expectations at a Glance for Mathematics
* Use number names and the count sequence.
* Classify objects and count the number of objects in each category.
* Compare numbers.
* Use measurement to compare and order objects.
*Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
*Model and describe addition and subtraction using objects or drawings.
*Describe and compare measurable attributes.
*Identify and describe shapes (squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagons, cubes, cones, cylinders, and spheres).
Expectations at a Glance for Reading, Writing, and Communicating
* Communicate using verbal and nonverbal language.
* Develop and apply the concepts of print and comprehension of literary and informational texts.
* Develop basic reading skills through the use of foundational skills.
* Write opinions, informative/explanatory texts, and real or imagined narratives using labels, dictation, and drawings.
* Use appropriate mechanics and conventions when creating simple texts.
* Explore the purpose for research and inquiry by accessing resources in collaborative settings.